Flach Gymnastics Academy, LLC
Covid-19 Policies and Procedures
UPDATES as of MARCH 1, 2022 – at this time, we will no longer be doing health screens or questionnaire upon arrival. We REQUEST that if anyone in your household is ill or has COVID-19 to not send your child to class and please do not enter the facility if you or your child are not feeling well or are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
We have some new policies that are in place at Flach Gymnastics Academy, LLC due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Safety is our first priority, and we place a value on keeping our families, staff and all who participate in our program safe.
The following is in effect until further notice. Please read this thoroughly. It is subject to changes as needed and is up to the discretion of the gym. While changes may be made that are not present here.
Please monitor your child for Covid-19 symptoms before bringing them to class.
We request and will require that any person who has a fever of 100.0 or higher refrain from attending classes. Anyone who would like to enter our building will be subject to a contactless temperature check and a brief health screen questionnaire in our entranceway. Please do not send your child to class if they or anyone in your household have had a cough, fever (100. or higher), sore throat, runny nose, chills, diarrhea, headaches, shortness of breath in the prior 72 hours or if they have been exposed to Covid-19 in the past 10 days.
If the participant has any of the proceeding Covid-19 symptoms we will not allow them to attend class, a make-up class will be offered for when they are well.
Face Covering Policy:
- Face coverings are not required during physical activity. As recommended by USA Gymnastics, face covering should not be worn due to the risk of not being able to breathe properly during the activity.
- Students and patrons over the age of 2 must wear a face covering in and out of the building, until their class begins and when their class is complete to exit the building.
- All adults and any person not participating in a class must wear a face covering at all times.
- STUDENTS WILL NOT WEAR A FACE COVERING ONCE THEIR CLASS BEGINS THEIR ACTIVITY.
- Parent and tot classes (Tumble Bugs): This class must have the same parent participating weekly and a face covering will be required for the participating adult that is on the floor with their child.
- Hudson & East Greenbush At this time, we are not allowing spectators inside. We will have a monitor set up outside to be able to view your child’s class. The sole exception is parent and tot class. This is subject to change and will be evaluated on a monthly basis.
- Our locations have sufficient space to allow our students to be socially distant. Our gyms are marked to indicate appropriate distancing to help keep students 6ft. apart.
- Please note that spotting may still be required or necessary. Our staff will wear masks while teaching.
- We have many creative and alternative teaching methods to help with social distancing and to keep the class fun!
Handwashing / Sanitizing:
- All students and patrons (if you have to enter for any reason) must use the bathroom and wash their hands prior to coming to the gym and upon exiting the building. We have hand sanitizer at our entrance and exit areas as well as many stations all around the gym.
- Students will be required to wash their hands upon arrival, sanitize after each event, before and after using shared equipment and upon exiting.
Drop off and pick up:
Hudson: Please park and walk your child towards the front door, there will be a check in at the front counter by the door. Form a line along the side of the building when dropping off and picking up. Part of our parking lot will be blocked off. Class times have been staggered to accommodate maintenance of appropriate social distancing.
East Greenbush: Please park and walk your child to the front door. Form a line along the front windows. Check in will be just inside the first door. Pick up will also be at the same door, please stay 6 ft. apart while waiting to pick up your child. Class times have been staggered to accommodate maintenance of appropriate social distancing.
- Do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your child’s scheduled class. Students will remain with their class group during the entire class except for arrival to wash hands or use the restroom.
- Belongings: Each student is required to bring a bag for their belongings. Shoes
water bottle, jacket and any other items must be kept in their bag when not in use. Please label your child’s bag and all belongings.
- Water fountain is available for filling water bottles only.
- To reduce the amount of traffic around the gym, the cubbies and lobby areas will remain closed.
- Staff will monitor for symptoms and will stay home if sick.
- Upon arrival for their scheduled shift, staff will have a contactless temperature check, wash hands and sanitize before they begin their shift.
- They will wash their hands in between each class and sanitize when rotating their class for events.
- They will clean each event area daily when holding classes.
Additional cleaning practices:
- Staff will clean the check in area frequently.
- Bathrooms, common areas, knobs, handles and light switches will be cleaned frequently and logged.
Frequently Asked COVID-19 Questions:
Q. What happens in the event of a COVID-19 exposure at Flach Gymnastics Academy?
A. If necessary, we will reach out to the local department of health for further guidance.
Q. How long could Flach be closed for due to a COVID-19 exposure?
A. This would be up to the state and we would remain closed for the time they recommend.
Q. What happens to my child’s missed class due to a COVID-19 exposure and temporary gym closure, 10-14 days?
A. All classes would pause for the 10-14 days. Make-up classes would be scheduled upon our return, but tuition would still be due as usual. If tuition is not current, the make-up classes will not be offered. Credits and refunds will not be offered for this.
Q. What happens in the case of a state, regional or national shutdown?
A. You are committed for the month if classes begin in person or not, once payment Is remitted.The remainder of the in person monthly classes will be replaced with Zoom online classes for the remainder of that month and then all tuition and classes will be paused until further notice. Unfortunately, make-ups will not be an option in this scenario. The Zoom classes will have several time options available and their focus will be on basic elements, drills and fun while utilizing items at home. Credits and refunds will not be offered for this.
Once the month is complete, you are not required to continue classes or tuition until we can re-open for in person classes.